Health & Safety
Significance Orthodontics Is Here for You
At Significance Orthodontics, your health is our top priority. As we’re all adjusting to a new normal, we’ve been working on ways to offer our high-quality orthodontic care with an enhanced focus on your safety and health. When we see you in our offices, we want you to know that we’ve taken multiple steps to ensure your well-being and comfort.
Our Policies & Procedures
Strict infection control has always been a top priority for our practices, and you may have seen this during your visits to our offices. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep you, your family, and our team members safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Nevada Dental Association (NDA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Prior to your appointment-One week to 48 hours prior:
- Our team will direct you to fill out paperwork and consents through email or our website. Please fill, review, and sign all the documents. Please email them back to us, preferably 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Our team will call to collect your treatment fee and discuss any financial arrangement 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please reschedule your appointment should you have any of the below symptoms:
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat or tightness in chest
- Loss of smell
- Contact with person who has COVID-19
Before leaving your house for the appointment:
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Bring a face mask.
Arrival at our offices
- Stay in your car.
- Call our office to check in your appointment with your name and appointment time.
6018 Fort Apache Rd: (702) 547-9977
2777W Crag Rd: (702) 647-8114
- Wait for instruction from our team.
- Put your mask on prior entering to the office. We kindly ask parents and other family members to stay in cars. For family members who must accompany a patient, they will also be screened and have their temperature taken. The family members will need to wear masks to stay with patients.
Our team will check your temperature, screen any signs/symptoms related to Covid-19, direct you to wash your hands, and rinse with 1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide.
In the Office
- We strongly encourage our patients to wear a mask during your stay at all time other than when you are in treatment.
- We love to welcome you with our big warm smile. However, at this time, all our team members will have to wear face mask and gloves.
- To maintain social distancing, we encourage all non-patients to stay in their car and minimize the amount the people in the reception area.
- All magazines, toys, water, coffee, and refreshment will be removed, since they are difficult to clean and disinfect. We are pleased to provide you water bottles upon request.
- Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments. Sometimes we will have to reschedule your appointments to reinforce the social distancing. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- We strive to be on time for your appointment while allow social distancing between patients. We thank you for being patient with us should there be any delay of your appointment.
- As much as we want to shake hands and give you a big, warm hug, we will do “air high-five” and “air-hug” at this time.
- For children, after orthodontic treatment, one of our team members will escort them to the car and report to you their treatment progress. One of our team members will call you immediately to schedule your children’s next appointment.
Thank you for being patient with us during this challenging time. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back you, your friends, and your family.