Top 10 Facts That Your Las Vegas Nv Dentists Want You to
Dental problems are never any fun, but the good news is that most of them can be easily prevented. Following are some tips for doing that from your Las Vegas NV dentists.Dental problems are never any fun, but the good news is that most of them can be easily prevented. Following are some tips for doing that from your Las Vegas NV dentists.
1. Brushing twice a day helps to keep the cavities away. When you brush your teeth properly, at least twice a day, you are removing the plaque that causes cavities. Flossing daily will remove the plaque from in between the teeth that the toothbrush cannot reach. Removing plaque from your teeth also helps to prevent gum disease.
2. Dental checkups include oral cancer screenings. When you go for your regular dental check-up, your Las Vegas NV dentists and hygienists are also screening you for any signs of oral cancer. Every hour of every day, someone dies of oral cancer in the United States. This serious dental disease – which pertains to the mouth, lips or throat – is often highly curable if diagnosed and treated in the early stages.
3. Gum disease affects your overall health. Gum disease is one of the main causes of tooth loss in adults and has also been linked to heart disease and strokes. If diagnosed in the early stage, gingivitis can be treated and reversed. If treatment is not received, a more serious and advanced stage of gum disease, called Periodontitis, which includes bone loss, may follow.
4. Dental cleanings and check ups are extremely important. Going to the Las Vegas NV dentists for regular check-ups and cleanings is one of the most important factors in maintaining good oral health. Regular check-ups can prevent cavities, root canals, gum disease, oral cancer, and other dental conditions. Don’t wait until you have a problem before you see your dentist, help prevent problems before they happen.
5. Bad breath could be the result of a dental problem. About 85 percent of people with persistent bad breath have a dental condition that is to blame. If bad breath is the cause of a dental condition, mouthwash will only mask the odor and not cure it. Don’t be embarrassed to talk to your Las Vegas NV dentists – they are there to help you.
6. Proper nutrition is important for good dental health. The sugars from soft drinks and non-nutritional foods combine with the bacteria in our mouths, which produces acids that attack tooth enamel. This can lead to cavities and gum disease. Limiting the amount of beverages and foods that are high in sugar can greatly help to maintain good dental health.
7. Dental problems do not get better or go away without treatment. If your Las Vegas NV dentists give you a treatment plan for dental work that you need to have done, you should focus on getting your teeth fixed as soon as possible. If cavities get big enough to reach the nerve in your tooth, your only options would be to have a root canal or have the tooth extracted.
8. A root canal is usually not painful. With today’s technology, root canals are nothing like most people think. In fact, for many patients, a root canal is as painless as having a filling.
9. Change your toothbrush. Manual toothbrushes become worn out after about 3 months and are not as effective as they once were. If you have gum disease, you should change your toothbrush every 4-6 weeks because bacteria can harbor in the bristles.
10. Maintaining good dental health is easy. Some people think that having good dental health takes too much effort. Seeing your dentist for regular dental check-ups and cleanings, brushing twice a day, flossing daily and eating a nutritional diet are the key factors in having healthy teeth and gums.