A handful of top dental health organizations are working together to promote sports safety and facial protection for the month of April. The Academy for Sports Dentistry (ASD), American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), and the American Dental Association (ADA) all want you to be safe and to remind you of some simple, easy tips you can follow to avoid injuries to your face and teeth during this spring athletic season.
Although these safety precautions apply to virtually everyone who is involved in sports this spring, it’s extremely important for those of you who have braces in Las Vegas, NV to make sure you’re following all of your Las Vegas orthodontist's safety precautions you can to avoid injury and potential damage to your braces and teeth. Athletics are important – but so is your smile!
Five Tips for Protecting Your Face
- One of the first things people think of when doing sports during any season is a mouth guard. Ft. Apache, Las Vegas orthodontist, Dr. Victoria Chen understands that there are a lot of options out there for getting a custom mouth guard for your needs, and this is true for when you have braces as well. Repairing damaged teeth or facial injuries can be costly, so investing in a custom mouth guard is a wise choice, especially if you play contact sports.
- Wear protective eyewear appropriate for your sport. The eyes are another area that can be injured easily during sports, so making sure your eyes are protected can ultimately help you avoid costly medical treatments.
- A helmet can help you avoid damage to your head during sports. While some sports make this a mandatory protective accessory, others don’t; whatever is appropriate for your particular sport should be an indicator as to what types of protection you might need.
- Wear a face shield, especially in sports such as football or hockey. Some sports are notorious for facial injuries, so it’s important to take every precaution so that you can avoid injury.
- Coaches: make the appropriate facial protection mandatory this season. Your star players are still only human and are susceptible to injury if precautions aren’t taken. Like they say, it’s better to be safe than sorry, right?
Here at our orthodontics office in Las Vegas, NV, the health of your teeth is important to us! Whether you have braces already or are considering orthodontic treatment for yourself or your child, top-rated Las Vegas, NV orthodontist, Dr. Chen can help answer any questions you may have and make treatment recommendations. When it comes to facial protection during sports, we offer custom mouth guard options for your convenience and, ultimately, the best care available.
For a limited time, Significance Orthodontics is offering a $495 savings certificate for your initial visit, which includes your initial exam, consultation, digital photos, digital demo and more! You will be able to see what your smile looks like before choosing Significance Orthodontics for your braces or orthodontic treatment. Click here to learn more about the complimentary Fabulous Superstar Smile Analysis today!
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our our of our Las Vegas orthodontics office would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Meet Significance Orthodontics
Specializing In Invisalign, Clear Ceramic Braces, Metal Braces & Mouth Guards In Las Vegas, Nevada
Top-rated NV Orthodontist, Dr. Victoria Chen of Significance Orthodontics offers the most advances braces for you and your child, including clear ceramic braces, Invisalign, metal braces and orthodontic treatment. Contact us today for your complimentary Simply Spectacular Smile Analysis at one of our Las Vegas, NV orthodontic offices. With three convenient orthodontic offices located on Ft. Apache & Russell, Craig & Simmons and East Harmon the is sure to be an office conveniently located near you. Call us today for a complimentary consultation for braces at any of our three orthodontic offices in Las Vegas, NV!
Our Fort Appache & Russell Orthodontics Office: 702.547.9977
Our Craig & Simmons Orthodontics Office: 702.727.4228
Our East Harmon Orthodontics Office: 702.733.0558