Has the thought of metal wires all over your mouth been preventing you from having your teeth straightened? Traditional metal orthodontic braces can take years to straighten your smile, and during that time, you have to deal with eating restrictions, the never-ending battle of brushing and flossing around all those wires, and the embarrassment of smiling with a mouth full of metal.
What if your Las Vegas, NV orthodontist could straighten your teeth using clear aligners that allow you to avoid the usual setbacks of metal orthodontic braces? Well, think about it, because we can!
Las Vegas, NV Orthodontist Shares Reasons Why Clear Aligners are a Great Teeth-straightening Option
1. They’re practically invisible. Traditional metal braces are very noticeable when you smile because the wires and metal brackets are a stark contrast from the look of your natural teeth. Clear aligners such as Invisalign utilize transparent custom fit dental trays that are placed over your teeth to gently realign your smile. Most people won’t even know you’re wearing them!
2. They are removable. Today, there are cameras everywhere waiting to record a perfect moment or a special meal. The removable trays for the clear aligners just pop off whenever you need them to whether it’s for a photo op or to attend a special occasion.
3. Cleaning is quick and easy. Unlike metal orthodontic braces, the removable trays allow you to brush and floss your teeth normally. There is no need for special brushes and flossing tools to clean around all those tiny metal brackets and wires, saving you time and frustration.
4. There are no food restrictions. If you love corn-on-the-cob, enjoy movie popcorn and crave a crunchy apple, we have good news for you! There are no fragile brackets with clear aligners, meaning you can eat anything you want!
5. There’s no metal involved. Not only are metal braces unappealing to look at, there is also a small number of people who have metal allergies and can’t use traditional metal braces. For those who suffer with a sensitivity to metal, plastic clear aligners are the perfect substitute.
6. There are fewer visits required. We know your time is valuable and with clear aligners, you’ll only have to visit our office every 4-6 weeks. Plus, anyone who has had traditional metal braces knows that the visits often include being poked and pricked with wires, which is not a problem with clear aligners.
7. They are comfortable to wear. Those patients who choose traditional metal braces often end up with scars on the insides of their cheeks from sharp wires scratching across the soft skin. This is not a problem with clear plastic aligner trays.
There are also health benefits to having straight teeth. Those patients who have crowded or overlapping teeth have a more challenging time keeping the areas between their teeth clean, which can lead to periodontal and gum disease. And periodontal disease can lead to other more serious health conditions. When you decide to straighten your teeth you aren’t only choosing to improve the appearance of your smile, but also your comprehensive health.
Choosing clear aligners such as Invisalign will help you get a straight and healthy smile while keeping you happier and more comfortable throughout the process than with traditional metal orthodontic braces. Want to know if you’re a candidate? Call our office today to schedule a consultation and let’s find out!
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our Las Vegas, NV, orthodontics office would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.