Gone are the days when orthodontic treatments are just for children and teenagers! Adults of all ages are opting for clear braces or Invisalign to attain a healthier smile that can boost their confidence in their career and relationships. If fact, almost 30% of all brace or Invisalign wearers are adults.
Following are 7 reasons why adults should consider improving their smile with braces.
1. ADULTS SHOULD GET ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT BECAUSE EVERY SMILE IS IMPORTANT.
Your smile is one of the first things people notice and it has a positive impact on the people around you. Many people say their crooked or unattractive teeth are holding them back from living life to the fullest. Why not get braces and fix your mouth now? Don’t wait until you are grandparents!
2. ADULTS SHOULD GET BRACES OR INVISALIGN BECAUSE TEETH CAN MOVE AT ANY AGE, EVEN IF THEY ARE HEALTHY.
Teeth can shift at any age. Perhaps you previously had straight teeth, but are now facing a crooked and overcrowded smile. Even if you had braces in the past, you may need them again. Some people who had braces as a child or a teenager need them for a second time when they get older.
3. ADULTS SHOULD GET BRACES OR INVISALIGN TO AVOID SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH THEIR TEETH AND MOUTH.
Research has revealed that the frequency of misalignment in adults is comparable to the frequency in children and teens. When you have a cross-bite or misaligned teeth, you have a higher chance of plaque and food buildup between your teeth.
4. ADULT SHOULD GET BRACES OR INVISALIGN TO PREVENT OTHER HEALTH ISSUES.
Problems with your mouth may not be the only health concerns you face if you have issues with your teeth. You may suffer from headaches and earaches if you don’t seek treatment for your teeth and mouth problems. Also, an improper bite may mean you can’t chew your food properly, possibly leading to gastrointestinal problems.
5. ADULTS SHOULD GET BRACES OR INVISALIGN BECAUSE BRACES TODAY ARE BETTER, COST LESS AND AREN’T AS NOTICEABLE.
The brackets used today are smaller, and no longer are bands that wrap around the tooth used. Clear braces or Invisalign are popular and literally invisable with adults due to their cosmetic appeal. Today, having orthodontic treatment is less painful and requires less time.
6. ADULTS SHOULD GET BRACES OR INVISALIGN BECAUSE THEY CAN NOW AFFORD THEM.
Maybe your parents couldn’t afford braces when you were growing up. But now you can! Many dental insurance plans cover part of the cost of orthodontic treatment.
7. ADULTS SHOULD GET BRACES OR INVISALIGN BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE LIVING LONGER.
People are living longer, and many people are keeping their teeth for life. No longer are people going to lose their teeth, so it makes sense to pay the price to straighten crooked or crowded teeth.
If you’re ready to take steps to improve your smile, contact us at 702-978-6304 today to schedule your free consultation and see what braces or Invisalign option is right for you as an adult. It’s never too late to have a smile you love!